Monday, July 23, 2012

VBS

So last week my church had a VBS. (Vacation Bible School) I was a crew leader. This means that I have to watch over kids and make sure they have fun and pay attention. I already knew from training that I was in the Orange group. I was handed a piece of paper and I found out I had a group of all girls. There were five girls on the first day but Emily, one of the girls, was scared of me and did not come for the rest of the week.
:(    But for the rest of the week I had four happy girls, Lauren, Faith, Gabby, and Maddie. they were all well behaved and listened to the bible stories carefully.

Gabby: On Tuesday, Gabby, the youngest, listened to why we were collecting food and money. Our church was saving money for the Eskimos in Alaska. Gabby was given a packet of Top Ramen for her to eat if she got hungry. When she was told the story of the Eskimos in Alaska who had to pay about $14 for a box of cereal, she asked me for her Top Ramen. I thought she was hungry so I gave it to her. She grabbed it out of my hand and ran to the front of the sanctuary and placed the noodles in the basket where we were collecting donations. And I didn't even tell her to! I thought that was really cool.

Maddie: Maddie was probably the most talkative of all the girls, but has a very friendly personality. When I first met her, I hadn't met her before. We were complete strangers. I told her my name. She told me hers..............and talked about what she had done that morning like what cereal she ate and what time she woke up. She was so enthusiastic to talk about her family, her hobbies, and her pets. The worship team was walking onto the stage and I told her we had to start. She jumped up and when we started singing, she was sure she didn't miss one hand motion that Miss Kerry, did. (Miss Kerry made up hand motion to make the songs more fun.) I was amazed at how much she learned over the course of VBS, and she not only learned about how to tell others about Christ, but also how to trust God more.

Lauren: Lauren was the most silly but the most enthusiastic. She probably didn't sit out for anything that we did. I remember when I told my group to go play in the games rotation. In one of the games there was a collision. A girl was crying and no one really noticed except a few kids. Lauren was the one who took action. While the rest of the kids just watched the girl cry, she ran to me telling me what happened. Lauren may attack you with hugs when you don't expect her too but she is very caring and considerate to the people around her.

Faith: Probably the most timid of the group, Faith was my little helper. She held my bag, kept the girls in line when I wasn't watching, helped clean up the mess after snack, and much more. Faith kept everything organized. On the last day, the kids brought swimsuits for the slippin' slide. When they were changed all our stuff was a big pile of towels, sun block, bags, and clothing. Faith sat down next to the pile and folded the towels and clothes and made four neat piles of stuff. Wow. What kids can do without you telling them to.

So thats all folks. T-T-F-N!

No comments:

Post a Comment